Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant has reportedly told his agent that he is not the top pick in the upcoming NBA draft, according to The New York Times.
Bryant had been linked to the Celtics, the Lakers and other teams.
But now, sources told the paper, Bryant has told his agents that he plans to remain in the Cleveland Cavaliers organization, rather than pursuing the top draft pick.
The Lakers will reportedly select No. 1 overall in the NBA draft on Thursday.
“I’m going to continue to play with the Lakers, and I’m going get my career back,” Bryant told ESPN on Friday.
“And then when it comes to the next step, we’ll see what happens.”
Bryant was the No. 2 overall pick in last year’s NBA draft.
The Celtics, Lakers, Rockets and Warriors have all expressed interest in taking Bryant in the first round, and sources say he would be a good fit for either team.
The report comes as the Lakers have been losing ground in the Eastern Conference, and the Lakers are in desperate need of a point guard to help replace the departed Deron Williams.
Bryant is the No .
1 overall pick.